Sample Spelling Questions
Sample spelling questions where you have to identify incorrectly spelt words are common in all levels of verbal ability tests.The test designer needs to choose commonly misspelled words which are in regular use, as it would be unfair to use obscure words which only a small percentage of candidates could be expected to know. This means that the test designer has a relatively restricted list of words to choose from and you will find that the same words tend to appear in many different suppliers tests.
Sample Spelling Questions
1) A: missile B: missile C: missile D: missile
2) A: undoubtedley B: undoubtedley C: undoubtedley D: undoubtedley
3) A: severly B: severeley C: severely D: severley
4) A: permisible B: permissible C: permissable D: permisable
5) A: occasionially B: occasionally C: occationally D: occasionaly
6) A: easiley B: easely C: easaly D: easily
7) A: committee B: comittee C: commitee D: comitee
8) A: amater B: amateur C: amatueur D: amatuer
9) A: waether B: whaether C: wether D: weather
10) A: likely B: likley C: likelly D: likeley
11) A: impliment B: implament C: implement D: implemment
12) A: cemetery B: cemetary C: cemmetery D: cemettery
13) A: miselaneous B: misellaneous C: miscelaneous D: miscellaneous
14) A: suficient B: sufficient C: suffisient D: sufficeint
15) A: recieve B: recceive C: receive D: resieve
16) A: opportunity B: opporttunity C: oportunity D: opportunety
17) A: necessety B: neccessity C: necessity D: necesety
18) A: collectible B: collectabel C: collecteble D: colectable
19) A: defendent B: defendant C: deffendant D: deffendent
Please note that many test suppliers frame their spelling questions in a different way to those in this practice test. For example:
Choose the pair of words that best completes the sentence.
The -------- of the timetable caused some ----------.
However, what is being tested here is your ability to spell these words correctly rather than anything else. Improving your performance on these spelling questions is straightforward. The free tests below contain the 300 most commonly used words for this type of test.
Work through these test papers methodically and make a note of the ones you get wrong. This will give you a list of words that you need to learn to spell correctly.
Download sample spelling questions
You may also be interested in:
Where can I get sample verbal ability questions?
Where can I get sample spelling questions?
Where can I get sample word meaning questions?
Where can I get sample word relationship questions?
Where can I get sample verbal comprehension questions?
Where can I get sample verbal critical reasoning questions?
Where can I get verbal reasoning example questions?
Where can I get a verbal reasoning comprehension exercise?